Old March 6th 09, 05:31 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
David[_17_]

Default Shortened 9800GT "Green Edition"

On Sun, 1 Mar 2009 18:25:08 -0800, Bill
typed furiously:

In article QJDql.15641$PH1.142@edtnps82, says...

"a1pcfixer" wrote in message
In article HLzql.15604$PH1.6507@edtnps82, Augustus wrote:
The distance from the end of the of PCIe connector to the end of
the PCB is a LOT less than on a reference 88xxx, 96xx or 98xx card.

I sure hope so, because I'll rush out & fetch one these if true, when
available.

If you think the 98xx series is long, try fitting one of the GTX 260/280/295
series. I wound up using the Dremel tool to make room in my Antec 180 case
which had an 8800GT in it. They are stupidly large. I don't know what case
fits these brutes if you're using all the SATA drive bays.

A case that would handle an Extended ATX motherboard would probably
work.

I can remember that in the eighties the speaker on the front of the
case had guides for the long cards to stop them swaying in the breeze.
One card I had was actually two cards, occupying two ISA slots and
connected by bridging connectors at various points. I seem to
recollect it was a video card with a whopping 1 MB of RAM on it.
--
Regards
David