Old March 12th 16, 03:49 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Edward Diener

Default "Ransomware Visits Backblaze"

On 3/11/2016 3:38 PM, Lynn McGuire wrote:
"Ransomware Visits Backblaze"
https://www.backblaze.com/blog/crypt...ware-recovery/

If someone opens attachments in e-mails, and doesn't really know from
whom those e-mails are sent, that is not being very smart.

Chilling, welcome to the future.

This is why I backup our entire LAN to three different devices each day.

I also backup our entire LAN to seven rotating external hard drives,
each once every seven weeks, so that we can rollback up to six weeks if
needful.

And our google based email does not allow EXE files inside attached ZIP
files.

What does this last have to do with anything ? Google can make whatever
rules it wants with its own software. That doesn't mean anyone else
should follow their example.