Old April 26th 05, 08:14 PM
Anonymous

Another way to positively identify the driver is to use the /SOS switch with
the BOOT.INI file. The boot.ini file resides in the root partition of your
hard drive (typically c:\). You may need to enable hidden files under
FolderOptions.

The /sos switch displays the driver names while they are being loaded.

Good luck.

"Matt Jenkins" wrote in message
om...
I have an ATI 9200 and a Nvidia geforce2 mx/mx 400 on my work pc (dual
monitors). Sometime ago i (foolishly) updated the drivers for these
through windows update and now whenever I reboot the (windows update)
driver for the ATI card takes over and installs an incompatible
driver!?! When I install the latest catalyst drivers the machine comes
back up as normal, with two monitors however when I once again reboot
the (windows update) ATI driver again takes over meaning I have to
re-install the catalyst driver....this goes on and on and on....

Any ideas?

Matt

http://www.usenet.com