Old April 26th 05, 07:46 PM
Paul Murphy

"Matt Jenkins" wrote in message
om...
I have an ATI 9200 and a Nvidia geforce2 mx/mx 400 on my work pc (dual
monitors). Sometime ago i (foolishly) updated the drivers for these
through windows update and now whenever I reboot the (windows update)
driver for the ATI card takes over and installs an incompatible
driver!?! When I install the latest catalyst drivers the machine comes
back up as normal, with two monitors however when I once again reboot
the (windows update) ATI driver again takes over meaning I have to
re-install the catalyst driver....this goes on and on and on....

Any ideas?

Matt

I suggest that you advise Microsoft of this issue though their Windows
Update website feedback webform. I've also had problems with the Windows
update website offering the wrong drivers for my ATI Card so have advised
them of the problem. Fortunately I've always used the custom option and I
never update any drivers from Windows Update where newer WHQL ones can be
obtained directly from the hardware manufacturer.

Paul