Old July 20th 19, 04:29 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Paul[_28_]

Default MSI B450-A PRO doesn't recognize external HDD via esata-sata

MaxTheFast wrote:
Hi Paul, sorry for delay. I see your explanation about USB-SATA only. What about this one?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TM3DDZS
I couldn't understand if it works SATA-USB only like the one of my previous post. Title says "USB 2.0 to IDE SATA" but I wait for your reply.
Anyway do you know if there're such converters USB-SATA?

Anything with "USB" as one end of the connection,
goes in one direction only. These use the USB Mass Storage
class driver.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TM3DDZS

USB2 --+--+--- IDE 40 pin 0.1" centers (3.5" IDE drive)
| |
| +--- IDE 44 pin 2mm centers (2.5" IDE drive)

+------ 7 pin SATA data (either 2.5" or 3.5" SATA drive)

None of those go backwards or sideways.

One direction only.

Paul