Old January 2nd 17, 02:56 AM posted to comp.periphs.printer,comp.periphs.printers,alt.comp.periphs.printers
Ant[_3_]

Default 12+ years old HP PhotoSmart 8450 printer likes to take multiplepapers at once.

So, I used the printer tonight with low number of papers tonight. During
the printing, it took two papers this time and then one on the next
time. It seems improved, but not fully fixed.

On 12/29/2016 10:31 AM, Ant wrote:
Hmm, rollers didn't look bad as shown in my iPhone 4S' photo(graphs):
http://imgur.com/a/3eOXw ... I cleaned them anyways as shown in
http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Inkjet-...913376#M594317

... Are they supposed to be hard to turn? I will print again later when
dried and needed.

On 12/29/2016 7:27 AM, Ant wrote:
Hello.

For years, this old HP PhotoSmart 8450 (model Q3388A; manufactured on
8/2/2004) printer likes to physically take multiple papers at once
from its included bottom black paper sheet input main tray (page
#8's #4 as shown in
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/72...es.html?page=8

) during printing once in a while. It seems to only happens when
there are low numbers of papers (e.g., about five) before it takes
all at once. It's quite annoying that it can cause paper jams
(stuck), slow printings, wasted resources, and messed up results for
me to physically fix and reprint.

I know its warranty expired on 7/31/2011. Is there anything I can do
to improve/fix it? Do I really need to buy a new printer even though
it mostly still works? I am also not a heavy printer user.

Thank you in advance.

--
Happy New Year! |
this signature correctly.