Old December 31st 16, 09:57 AM posted to comp.periphs.printer,comp.periphs.printers,alt.comp.periphs.printers
Ant

Default 12+ years old HP PhotoSmart 8450 printer likes to take multiple papers at once.

In alt.comp.periphs.printers pedro wrote:
On Thu, 29 Dec 2016 07:27:54 -0800, Ant wrote:

Hello.

For years, this old HP PhotoSmart 8450 (model Q3388A; manufactured on
8/2/2004) printer likes to physically take multiple papers at once from
its included bottom black paper sheet input main tray ........

I know its warranty expired on 7/31/2011. Is there anything I can do to
improve/fix it? Do I really need to buy a new printer even though it
mostly still works? I am also not a heavy printer user.

Dunno about that model, but the Laserjet 5L/6L series used to develop
that habit.(*) The cure was to replace the paper separation pads.
I'm sure all printers require some similar hardware to pick just one
sheet, so I'd suggest exploring that.

Interesting. Hmm,
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/72...00-Series.html
user manual doesn't mention a separator pad.
http://www.partshere.com/hppartslist...sp?part=Q3388A mentions
separator pads as parts, but I don't see which ones they are. I can't
seem to find any pictures to match mine. I haven't tried printing yet
after cleaning (only took the big external parts out, but not inside --
used my fingers, wet paper towels, and q-tips) as shown in my
https://www.reddit.com/r/printers/co...es_to/dbrawb8/
comment.

Also, its rollers didn't look bad as shown in my iPhone 4S'
photo(graphs): http://imgur.com/a/3eOXw ... I cleaned them anyways as
shown in
http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Inkjet-...913376#M594317
.... Are they supposed to be hard to turn? I will print again later when
dried and needed.
--
Quote of the Week: "I got this aunt... Carpenter ant." --Girl and Crow
| |o o| |