Old December 29th 16, 05:16 PM posted to comp.periphs.printer,comp.periphs.printers,alt.comp.periphs.printers
android

Default 12+ years old HP PhotoSmart 8450 printer likes to take multiple papers at once.

In article ,
Ant wrote:

Hello.

For years, this old HP PhotoSmart 8450 (model Q3388A; manufactured on
8/2/2004) printer likes to physically take multiple papers at once from
its included bottom black paper sheet input main tray (page #8's #4 as
shown in
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/72...es.html?page=8
) during printing once in a while. It seems to only happens when there
are low numbers of papers (e.g., about five) before it takes all at
once. It's quite annoying that it can cause paper jams (stuck), slow
printings, wasted resources, and messed up results for me to physically
fix and reprint.

I know its warranty expired on 7/31/2011. Is there anything I can do to
improve/fix it? Do I really need to buy a new printer even though it
mostly still works? I am also not a heavy printer user.

Yes.

Ohh... You wanted some suggestions? Oki... Refill the tray before it
gets empty! ;-))
--
teleportation kills