Old January 29th 21, 07:57 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.os.windows-10
micky

Default RAN 1.35v vs 1.5v

In alt.comp.os.windows-10, on Fri, 29 Jan 2021 12:47:24 -0500, Paul
wrote:

micky wrote:
In alt.comp.os.windows-10, on Thu, 28 Jan 2021 10:47:51 -0500, micky
wrote:

If I'd known that, I might not have looked! Several places that
google found were out of stock, but as is not uncommon, Amazon had it,
although its sold and shipped by Dataram, a company that's 54 years old
and made ram themselves, and I think they still do. And it's even in
New Jersey so maybe I'll get it a day or two earlier since I'm in
Baltimore. (though it says 14 days. That's okay.)

Things usually come when Amazon says they will or 1-3 days earlier, but
this time the webpage said 11-14 days. But...

Bought it late Wednesday night,
shipped on Thursday from Princeton, New Jersey, USPS
Via Philadephia, in Baltimore today, Friday, since 8AM,
Probably get it tomorrow.
2 days instead of 11-14.
I'm glad I didnt' pay extra for faster shipping.

And I thought they were overloaded with stuff to ship ?

Paul

I don't know anything for a fact about that, but I think I get less mail
than I used to, and my front door is 30-40 feet from the path the
mailman would take if he didn't go to my house, times 2 to return.

And I think they've stopped delivering my mail until several pieces
build up.

Worse than that I get a weekly newspaper in the mail and it came either
on Friday or Saturday for years, Now they come out of order and always
late, a week I got two on the same day, and yesterday I got an issue
from December, and that's not unusually late.

Plus I never got my emission inspections letter. The email about it
came in December, and to get excused because I dont' drive more than
5000 miles a year and I'm over 70, I have to file a form. But the email
didn't include the form. The letter would have. It did 2 years ago.
And the web didn't have a copy either.

So I wrote them a letter explaining all this in the top 1/4 of the page
and the rest I copied the format of a different form, with changes to be
the form I needed, asking for them to accept that or send me the form.

I sent that quite a while ago and haven't heard back, and last time
after I sent the form I heard back in less than 2 weeks. The virus
might have a lot to do with this last thing.