Old October 27th 03, 06:32 PM
HH

Here is the part number of the systemboard in the 5700T....136109-102.
Compaq wants $320 for it, though.
Try the Parts link in the Compaq FAQ, reposted weekly to this NG.
HH

"M" wrote in message
I have a compaq Presario 5700T - and my bios accidently got wiped out

(have
to get a new bios-chip)

So either I should try to find out what bios it uses, then see if anybody
have that specific bios-chip, and then change the bios myself.
Or i should try to identify the motherboard exactly , and then order a new
motherboard (compaq themselfes can't tell me what motherboard it is), and
then change the entire motherboard.
I'm just afraid that i can't get the exact same motherboard (its of

extreme
importance - since my recovery-cd probably won't work if its not entirely
the same motherboard).

In other words : what motherboard does the 5700t model use? and what
bios-chip does it use?

Thanks in advance.

Martin