Old November 28th 20, 08:29 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware

Default Printer which can copy driver's license on one side and carregistration card on another

On 11/23/2020 7:59 AM, John McGaw wrote:
On 11/22/2020 6:38 PM, s wrote:

A friend of mine is a small hotel owner in Florida and wants a printer
which can copy driver's license on one side and car registration card
on another and use only the required paper instead of 8.5 X 11 size
paper. His business is down because of the pandemic
so he is trying to save on paper, printer ink costs. For legal
reasons, he has to make a paper copy of a customer's driving license
and car registration card when a customer checks-in to his hotel.

I searched and did not see any printer model used by hoteliers

Is there any printer for such custom needs?

Well, the scanning part could be easy, if a bit expensive, and will only
work if the DL and registration are just about the same size so that can
be fed back-to-back:

https://www.amazon.com/Duplex-Medica.../dp/B00Z2MPIYY

You've probably seen this or the equivalent at the front desk of every
medical office. Note that in some states, Tennessee for example, the two
documents are not even similar in size, the registration being a full A4
type sheet while the DL is your regular laminated card. Also, if the
cards being scanned are overly thick feeding both simultaneously would
be troublesome or impossible.

Thanks, this is helpful and I sent this to him. I appreciate the suggestion.