Old August 14th 04, 12:46 PM
~misfit~

Guy Smith wrote:
Thank you for all your advices. (advices?!)

I have decided to go for a new case and basically build a new
machine. (kony convinced me with his Gateway conversion photos)

Motherboard: http://www.dabs.com/uk/ProductView?quicklinx=31GB

I have ordered a MicroStar SoA KT600+ ATX A R L 2DDR from Dabs.com
£43.00. It will take DDR and SDRAM. As a temporary measure, will my
old PC100 memory work in it (the motherboard spec says PC2100-3200
compatible)?

Unless you're really lucky, your 'temporary measure' might have to include
underclocking the Duron CPU mentioned below to 1350Mhz as your RAM is 100Mhz
and the CPU wants a 133Mhz FSB to run at 1800Mhz. Unless the board can run
the RAM and FSB asynchronously or the RAM will do 133Mhz.

Processor: http://www.dabs.com/uk/ProductView?quicklinx=2X4Z

I have ordered a Duron 1.8Ghz Socket A 266FSB £32.00

Case: Not yet ordered (advice please)
http://www.dabs.com/uk/ProductView?quicklinx=389S

Looking at Gaming case 400W - Black. £37.00

Includes 400W silent PSU 12cm

Side window

3 internal fans

Temperature control