Old April 11th 04, 05:14 PM
David

Yes, I meant the speaker out cord from the CPU to the speakers in the
monitor. I'm not sure where else I can re-route it to; I went from the
speaker out plug to the speaker in (light green to light green.) It does
seem like some type of interference, or like I said, it's picking up noise
from inside the monitor and transmitting it to the speakers. As I said in
one of my other posts, the volume control and the mute button don't have an
affect on the noise.

"Tom Scales" wrote in message
I guess I am confused. Why would there be a line-in cord between the

monitor
and CPU. Do you mean a speaker out to the speakers in the monitor?

Try re-routing the wire. It could be interference.

Tom
"David" wrote in message
Well, I unplugged the line-in cord between the monitor and the machine

and
sound stopped. So, it's not so much the monitor or the speakers, it's

that
sound from the CPU is being carried into the monitor. Again, turning

the
volume up or down doesn't change things. Any suggestions, pleaseee?

"David" wrote in message
I just bought a SR1055CL-B bundle at Costco. It comes with a FP3717

17"
flat screen. The monitor seems to have a very slight beep to it,

about
once
a second. Why is this? if I play with the volume, nothing happens.
Resetting the machine does not help. It's just loud enough to be a

pain
and
annoyance. Anyone know what's up or have any suggestions? Thanks.