Old October 13th 03, 07:01 AM
East Coast

Default Compaq Presario 1270 - How do I update it to Win 98 SE or Win 2000?

I have a Compaq Presario 1270 running Windows 98 as it was shipped. I
need Win 98 SE for the improved USB stuff so it can support a CD
burner since the CD burners I have looked at say Win 98 SE is
required.

How do I update it from a Win 98 to a Win 98 SE? Where do I get Win 98
SE and is this an update to go to SE, or does this require wiping out
the hard disk and installing Win 98 SE from scratch?

The other thing I am considering, is running Windows 2000 on it. Has
anyone done this and does it run OK on the Compaq Presario 1270 which
is a AMD-K6(tm)-2/ at 350 Mhz. Thanks!