Old October 19th 16, 01:41 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,comp.sys.mac.hardware.storage
nospam

Default Is it me or are there many unreliable USB flash drives?

In article , Your Name
wrote:

No carpets here, but a few rugs. Mostly hard floors (never dropped
them). Temperatures can be hot (up to 90F degrees in the room during
heat waves). The two drives that went bust was during the cold and wet
temperatures (60F degrees and light rain outside; 70F degres indoor).

One issue is people leaving them in cars ... it gets very hot inside a
car, especially during summer (even if parked in the shade). I don't
know how things such as SatNav units and even car music systems manage
to survive,

because they're designed to be used in a wide temperature range.

but I never leave any disks / drives inside the car.

risk of theft would be the only reason.