Old October 19th 16, 01:32 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,comp.sys.mac.hardware.storage
Your Name

Default Is it me or are there many unreliable USB flash drives?

In article , Ant
wrote:
In comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage Rod Speed wrote:
Ant wrote

The kids don???t do anything special with them static wise
and the houses are all carpeted, 3 different houses. And
at least one of them has full aircon used in the winter for
heating which can be a static problem. One other has gas
heating and I forget what the third one has heating wise.
I've only been in there in other than the winter, moving
some heavy furniture in there.

No carpets here, but a few rugs. Mostly hard floors (never dropped
them). Temperatures can be hot (up to 90F degrees in the room during
heat waves). The two drives that went bust was during the cold and wet
temperatures (60F degrees and light rain outside; 70F degres indoor).

One issue is people leaving them in cars ... it gets very hot inside a
car, especially during summer (even if parked in the shade). I don't
know how things such as SatNav units and even car music systems manage
to survive, but I never leave any disks / drives inside the car.