Old August 22nd 15, 11:08 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Eric Stevens

Default Problem saving screen profile file.

On Sat, 22 Aug 2015 09:47:53 -0400, nospam
wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

BREAKING NEWS: I've made my way further up the DataColor help-desk
tree and I have just been told by a more senior member that the new
Spyder 5 is not compatible with Windows ***7***. He has not yet
explained why.

that can't be true.

windows 7 is currently the dominant windows version.

it would be incredibly stupid for it to not work on win7.

It's astonishingly inconvenient.

it's also astonishingly wrong.

click on the system requirements tab for whichever version you have
(not that it matters since they're all the same):

http://spyder.datacolor.com/portfolio-view/spyder5express/
http://spyder.datacolor.com/portfolio-view/spyder5elite/
http://spyder.datacolor.com/portfolio-view/spyder5pro/
Windows 7 32/64, Windows 8.0, 8.1 32/64, Windows 10 32/64
Mac OS X 10.7, 10.8, 10.9, 10.10

That was true until a few weeks ago. The non-performance of the file
management software has obviously caught the 'help' staff by surprise.
It affects both Spyder 4 and Spyder 5 and I suspect it will also
affect Spyder 3.

Maybe its an example of how far you can push things withot being sued.

there is no basis for a lawsuit here either.

Until you know what changes have been made and why, you have no basis
for saying that.

if a company wants to make something win10 or later or win8 or later,
that's their choice. it might be very dumb, but it's completely legal.

I suspect you are attributing the problem to DataColor. In fact, I
strongly suspect they are using well established code and the problem
arises from something that Microsoft has done.
--

Regards,

Eric Stevens