Old April 19th 06, 12:20 AM posted to comp.sys.intel

Default WorldMark 4850 ...

wrote:
Hi all!

I have such machine but also a big problem... I cannot boot any OS
because I can not get to BIOS does anyone know how to clear CMOS (BIOS
asks for a password), or does anyone know any universal password for
such BIOS ?

Best Regards
David

Find the CMOS battery on the mainboard.
Next to it there *should* be a jumper marked "CMOS_CLR", "CLEAR CMOS" or
"BIOSxxxx".

Move this jumper over to its other pins.

Take the power lead out of the back of the PC.

Pop the silver button battery out and hit the power button about 5 times.

Put the battery back in.

Put the power lead back in.

Move the bios/cmos jumper back to its original position.

Turn on the PC and you should be into the BIOS.

Hit F9/F10 or "load optimal defaults" / "save and exit".

--
Cheerz - Brownz
http://www.brownz.org/