Old August 17th 15, 12:15 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Paul

Default Foxconn motherboard bios updated today ! ;) (MB: NF4SK8AA-8KRS)

Skybuck Flying wrote:
Ok,

I wanted to run the aida64 benchmark so I stopped the windows update
service...

The memory read speed was abut 4.9 GB/sec and latency 97 nanoseconds...
which seems a bit faster than yesterday 104 ns.

Maybe 900 MB/sec extra today ? or maybe just 600 MB/sec extra today...
or perhaps none at all... not sure..

write speed was lower... under 3.2 GB/sec or so...

Seems lower then yesterday.... hmm that not good

Could be a question of bios memory settings.

MAybe I should look into that into the future... cause this was T2 (or
was it called cas2? ) memory as far as I know...

But currently aida 64 shows T/cas 3 or so...

This benchmark kinda annoying how it can't be stopped when it runs... oh
well..

Well I have seen enough for now...

Gonna start windows update service again so it can do whatever it has to
do

Bye,
Skybuck.

The service host bug (SVCHOST) is a problem with
wuauserv. And Microsoft refuses to fix it. There was
a change to it, to make it use less RAM when it
goes nuts, but that's all they fixed. The same bug
exists in WinXP, and it continues in Win7.

On Windows 7, you can install Internet Explorer 11
and the Internet Explorer Cumulative Update for
Aug 2015 or whatever, and that will reduce the time
it takes Windows 7 to finish wasting CPU cycles.
But the basic problem will still be there.

Paul

Paul