Old February 23rd 06, 03:37 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq

Default Replacing Compaq Power Supply!

I'm surprised that Compaq used a 24-pin power supply in the Presario 5415WM.
But then I should never be surprised at any product the HPaq produces. The
Presario 5415WM is old enough that it pre-dates the newer BTX 24-pin standard.
I'll bet that the pinout of its power supply is identical to some of the earlier
Compaq DeskPro desktop models, which used a 24-pin power arrangement.

24-pin is the BTX standard. 20-pin is the ATX standard. ATX-12v adds the
supplementary 12v connector required by newer Socket 478 Pentium 4 and AMD
CPUs... Ben Myers

On 22 Feb 2006 17:59:53 -0800, "Mix" wrote:

Compaq Presario 5415WM

Power supply is an Aspire 500W ATX Power Supply model # ATX-AS500W

both psu's are 24 pin, but I saw that compaq's pins are different than
the standard ATX....