Old February 22nd 06, 09:41 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq

Default Replacing Compaq Power Supply!

Hey guys I had purchased a new 500watt power supply and was wanting to
put it in my new case... but ran into a problem... connected the new
psu to my compaq motherboard and nothing happened... it would though
when I used the compaq psu. Well I have discovered that compaq uses a
different standard than what the 24pin on my new psu is using... I
don't know anything about re-wiring or what would be needed to do to do
that.... but I suppose that is an option... is there any kind of
adapter I could buy ? I know on several forums people have asked but
nobody has responded with a yes or no... I really need to get my psu
running x.x the compaq psu I have won't hold up with all the components
I have.... and I don't have the money to replace the motherboard just
yet....