Old February 16th 06, 05:43 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

Default added memory-- so far so good

MZB wrote:
Nick:

No, I didn't. I was just very hesitant to mess with the original memory
stick.

That's understandable (although unless there's something seriously
wrong, putting good memory in a bad spot shouldn't affect the good RAM
permanently)

If the problem repeats itself with the new memory, it would seem to almost
have to be the slot, wouldn't you say?? It would be unlikely to have
purchased TWO bad memory modules.

True, but I'd probably still test any possible bad module in a known
good slot.
Of course, the sure test would be to put the known good memory in the second
slot, but as I said I'm just hesitant (fear of breaking something --
although I had no qualms about adding the memory).

Mel