Old February 16th 06, 05:54 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

Default added memory-- so far so good

Nick:

No, I didn't. I was just very hesitant to mess with the original memory
stick.

If the problem repeats itself with the new memory, it would seem to almost
have to be the slot, wouldn't you say?? It would be unlikely to have
purchased TWO bad memory modules.

Of course, the sure test would be to put the known good memory in the second
slot, but as I said I'm just hesitant (fear of breaking something --
although I had no qualms about adding the memory).

Mel

"Nicholas Andrade" wrote in message
. net...
MZB wrote:
SBS:

I've heard only good things about Kingston, but in my case I think I got
bad memory or the slot has a problem. I reseated it twice, but the
problem.

I'm reasonably sure I installed it correctly. The slots only allow one
way of installation and it seemed to snap in pretty well.

We shall see how the new module works.

Mel

Did you try running the defective memory in the other slot (if you run
into problems with the new RAM, this may be worth investigating)? Hope it
works out.