Old September 17th 06, 12:58 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Gerry_uk

Default CD-RW UDF, "Fixed Packets" - the history and the future!

Hi smh,

You are not making much sense here? You are saying I'm a "scam artist"
but back it up with a bunch of mismatched, snipped-out text from Mike
Richter? Why don't you just post the exact full text of the post I made
that you decided was a "scam"?

smh wrote:
. --------------------------------------
Gerry Hickman, were you also born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
^
slightly
--------------------------------------

Gerry_uk (Mikey S-Licker) slurped:
Hi SMH,

I don't understand your comment about the "scam artist"? The part about
"not making up my mind", well I'm not omnipotent! It's a discussion, not
a dictatorship. Maybe you can enlighten us with the "truth" as you see
it as opposed to "who said what" in some dim and distant past?

If you are so interested in finding out the "truth" about UDF/Fixed, why
didn't you ask Mikey what are the "problems" when Mikey crapped that on
you?

======================
From: Mike Richter (The Slimiest Friggin ****)
Date: 9/9/06

Gerry_uk wrote:

I've not used packets on DVD, so have no comment on whether
the problems of fixed-length packets on CD carry over.
======================
.

[BTW, is (9/9/06) some dim and distant past, Gerry?]

But I have been asking. Here's the third one:

Mike Richter (The Slimiest Friggin ****) crapped (9/9/06):
I've not used packets on DVD, so have no comment on whether
the problems of fixed-length packets on CD carry over.

Is it now only "problems", not even "the most fragile and least reliable
format"? Is the word 'format' no longer in your vocabulary, Mikey?

Mike Richter - The Slimiest Friggin SOB (udf/fixed)(pussyfoot)

Mike Richter (The Slimiest Friggin ****) crapped (5/4/06):
I have used UDF for many years, but yesterday I had my first
corruption. I am now wondering whether to bother with UDF at all
.

.

First, your problem is not with UDF
Second, fixed-length packets are
the most fragile and least reliable format

(Do you dig the "format" out of your asshole, Mikey?)

Why are you pussyfooting around with "the least reliable", Mikey?
Is the word "unreliable" no longer in your vocabulary, Mikey?

From: Mike Richter (The Slimiest Friggin ****)
Date: 4/9/01
Subject: Directcd/INCd Problems.

Fixed-length packets are notoriously unreliable

BTW, does "the least reliable" logically translate to "unreliable"?
.

Mikey, you are The Slimiest Friggin SOB!
Mike Richter, were you born with