Old October 19th 04, 12:31 PM
HH

Most likely the video card. Either replace it or avoid sleep mode.
HH

"Russell W. Barnes" wrote in message
om...
Dear all,

Your assistance is required once again...

When I tried to 'wake up' my PC last night (Compaq Presario 5000 with
MV540 monitor), the PC burst into life, but the monitor remained on
stand-by.

after switching both PC and monitor on and off repeatedly (I can
ususally hear a relay clicking away when normal wake-up is achieved),
I disconnected the monitor and powered it. It displayed the usual RGB
'check-cable' indication, so I took the monitor to be working OK.

I eventually got the monitor working by removing the video card
(NVIDIA GeForce) and re-fitting it. Everything then powered normally.

Is it likely to be a video card fault, or a motherboard fault? Any
suggestions appreciated!
--

Kind Regds,

Russell W. B.