Old October 10th 04, 07:56 PM
Euclid

OK, I figured there were technical problems, but it would benefit me if I
had one. The IDE drives are too slow and unreliable for one of my database
applications that has constant heavy disk access. The experts with that
application software recommended the faster SCSI drives as the only possible
solution. Of course they're mostly university professors running
unix-related op systems, not windows.
-E

"HH" wrote in message
Another point. Most PCs won't boot from a SCSI drive if there is an IDE
drive present.
HH

"Tom Scales" wrote in message
SCSI would be an expensive solution for almost no benefit. It has its
uses. This just isn't one of them.

Tom
"Euclid" wrote in message
ink.net...
OK, thanks, I'll probably get one at Staples tomorrow and try it. I'd
really like to have a SCSI drive for my op system but don't know enough
about the technical factors nor whether my computer could handle it.
-E

"HH" wrote in message
Most likely, yes. Jumper it CS for Cable Select.
HH

"Euclid" wrote in message
nk.net...
Staples has some 200GB hard drives on sale, but will it work in my
Compaq S4020WM purchased at Walmart a little over a year ago?
-E