Old March 21st 08, 11:43 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox
Rene

Default Runaway on Matrox 450

"mick" schreef in bericht
Rene wrote:
Hello to all,

My question is, has anybody owning that specific card ever
succesful-/pleasantly played these games? 5 Euro's are not a huge
amount but shipping to his place will make it more expensive and
spending money on something that will turn out to be useless is
always a pity.

If You played it on any other card, I will enjoy reading Your
opinions on the game itself as well ;-).

Thank You very much in advance for all comments!
Yours sincerely,
Rene

Does he know you are thinking of buying him these games?
If so couldn`t he download and try the demos first?

The idea is not bad, however, I would very much like it to remain a surprise
'till he looks in the mailbox and finds the games there ;-).

I`ve played both game,
albeit not specifically that card, but with quit a low spec machine with
crappy SiS onboard gfx and both ran smoothly with no problems. They aren`t
very demanding games.

Thank You very much for Your reply Mick!

I do not expect any SiS graphics adapter to be better than a Matrox (I once
owned one like You (not onboard but a card), boy was that worthless at
rendering nice 3D graphics), so I think I am going to the store to check
whether they still have a box that I can send to my friend.

Yours sincerely,
Rene