Old December 11th 07, 02:21 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
[email protected]

Default Blue Screen When Ejecting CD/DVD ???

Hi!

I'm suddenly getting the blue screen saying with a "stop
error" saying "A problem has been detected and Windows
has been shut down to prevent damage... This occurs
consistently whenever I eject a CD or DVD from either
my CD/DVD-ROM drive or CD/DVD+RW drive regardless
of whether I use the button on the drive or select "eject"
from the right click menu for the drive. CDs & DVDs
still read fine and can still write to the RW.

It sounds like the drives themselves are fine. However, you might
check to see if any firmware updates for your drives are available.

I somehow suspect that the timing of this incident means it does have
something to do with the attempt to view the photos on the DVD. Did
anything on the DVD require a program, viewer or some kind of "rights
management" framework to be installed?

It is a long shot, but if you're certain nothing was installed, shut
the computer completely down and unplug the power cord. Leave it that
way for several minutes, and then plug it in again. If the disc was
bad, it could have caused the drive or motherboard logic to become
confused. Since the motherboard is pretty much powered up all the
time, pulling the plug to "hard reset" it may fix the problem.

William