Old April 26th 04, 06:32 PM
Aaron

(Bob Whitman) wrote in message . com...
The Community Outreach Center of Columbus, Ohio
recevied a donation of two computer servers.
The first server was COMPAQ PROLIANT 1600
with 350 MHZ CPU, 384MB ram and one 4.3GB SCSI drive.
I need more SCSI drives.

The DELL Precision 410 has dual 350 MHz CPU's,
128MB ram and one 9GB drive.
Also need more SCSI drives.

I installed a trial version of
Windows 2003 Server software on both systems.
The Server software works great on both systems.

We want to network 24 computers for computer classes.
Which is the best server for this networking task?
Any suggestions would be very helpfull.

Thank You
Bob Whitman

I would sy the one with more memory, although everything depends on
what you are going to do with it. If you are running processor
intensive things, then you obviously want the Dell. I guess you could
likely upgrade the Dell's memory easily.

Now I'm going against what I said at the top. Hmmmm, maybe it's not
so simple. See which has better hookups for SCSI drives, maybe that
will decide things.

Good Luck,
Aaron