Old August 24th 03, 07:18 PM
Thomas

Too_Much_Coffee ® wrote:
I have 3 hard drives and two CDs on an Antec True380 (380W) with
power to spare.

Same comment here, with an enermax 365 Watt :-)
I use SCSI harddrives, 3 CD drives, also a P4 2.6C, overclocked to 3.25 GHz,
an overclocked Ati Radeon... more than enough power...

Asustek S478 Intel 865PE Deluxe ATX A L R Mobo

Intel P4 2.6 512Kb S478 800FSB

Thermaltake S478/SoA Aquarius II Water Cooling

Kingston ValueRAM 2x512MB PC3200 DDR (matched)

Do you really need 1GB of ram? 2x256MB is more than adequate for most.

Gainward GeForce 4 Ti4800 128MB

I would look at the FX5600 Ultra. It supports DX9. If you aren't a
heavy gamer, the Ti4200 or even the FX5200 would be fast enough.

I am an Ati lover myself... If you're a gamer, go for the 9800 non-pro..
best quality/value. Ati's are much better at using anti-aliasing than the GF
FX cards. Speed is about the same...

If you play games sometimes, you could go for the Ati 9600, which supports
DirectX 9.0, and still has more power than the Geforce FX 5200.

If you just play a game occasionally, a Radeon 9000 would be sufficient..
not fast, but quite cheap, and very good in 2D.

I applaud your move into watercooling, i've been wanting to start that
myself, but i never have had the nerve to take the first step. When i start
it, I'd like to have a cooler for the CPU, the vid chip, the mainboard
chipset, the harddrives... big big expenses :-)

Thomas