Old October 18th 03, 04:07 AM
Peter

Default Strange LAN problem with my new XP

Hi all,
I installed winXP in my new AMD 2500+ with Gigabyte GA-7N400, it runs
very sweetly. Just with two problems though. When I do high speed
transportation with lan (both ADSL or inhouse), I encounter some short
pauses to the system occasionally, the whole computer got frozen for a
second or so. What exactly can it be?
Secondly, when it's playing mp3, I can't do graphic works in the
foreground like dragging the scroll bar, otherwise there will be a lot
of noises come with the music. I experience the same thing with my old
Althon system, why? Is it AMD has something wrong in sound system?

My system has these:
AMD XP 2500+
Gigabyte GA-7N400
512MB SAMSUNG PC3200