Old November 16th 08, 06:16 AM posted to comp.arch.storage
Will

Default Acronis V10 Copy of Disk Differs from Original

I'm getting a strange result with an Acronis V10 boot disk that I would like
help understanding. I have a 68 GB NTFS primary partition that I am copying
to an identical drive. The result after copying shows two differences:

1) The space free on the destination drive shows 10GB free, whereas on the
source drive it is only 2GB free. Since the physical drives are
identical, how is this even possible?

2) The destination drive is showing as an Active partition, even though the
source is Primary and NOT Active. When I go to File | Advanced, the the
Set Active option is greyed out. How do I turn off the Active partition on
the destination drive? And why would it have turned on in the first place?

--
Will