Old June 26th 04, 06:39 PM
Martin Slaney

In comp.sys.laptops ITApprentice wrote:

I have the same adapter (1456VQL10H(INT)) in an Armada M300. Still
can't get the darn thing to work. Has anyone gotten it to work. If so

No. I gave up re; Ethernet and bought a cheap PCMCIA card instead. The
modem part of the combo works OK.

Are you sure the mini-PCI card actually _has_ a NIC ? ISTR seeing some
that have the pysical RJ45 socket, but wired to nowhere. I'd guess when
shipped the card would have had a blanking plug fitted, which has since
gone astray.

In case its still of interest, I'll probably be breaking a M700 shortly.
(internittent mobo fault :-/ ). One of the items would be the mini-PCI
ethernet/modem combo (which worked fine with win98se - ISTR its an Intel
NIC chipset). Just trying to get some money back on it ...