Old May 23rd 19, 09:00 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Yes[_2_]

Default question about mobo/graphics card

Considering that some of the graphics cards I've seen pictured these
days use two of the backplate slots to mount the card, have any
motherboard manufacturers started offering mobos that are specifically
desigend to accomodate two such cards.

When I look at those graphics cards, it just seems like they would
cover up so much of the motherboard that even having a lot of PCI-e
slots is wasted and if one had two graphics cards, it'd be even more
so. So I'm wondering if mfrs have begun selling specialized mobos
catering to the crowd that wants to use say one or two graphics cards
and at the trade-off of pci-e slots for other uses. Are there any
buzzwords or special marketing phrases the mfrs use to identify such a
restricted use mobo?

Thanks,

John