Old December 15th 17, 08:58 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
[email protected]

Default No Video from PC

On Saturday, July 12, 2014 at 7:55:12 AM UTC-4, Flasherly wrote:
On Fri, 11 Jul 2014 23:55:59 -0400, Michael Black
wrote:

Is that accurate anymore? I don't think my current computer has a speaker
built into it.

Get a little piezo transducer speaker with tiny leads for localized
block mounted. Included on some MBs, hold onto to it when updating;-
should be a purchasable item, couple bucks maybe shipped off Ebay from
Singapore.

Class D amps kits are another relatively cheap one. Wish they induded
those already layered into a MB for the onboard sound chip.

OK. Thanks to my severely limited Dell E310 losing it's audio capability after a bluescreen crash I believe was due to a flaky hard drive connection(thanks to the frequent failures to find the hard drive on previous boot attempts) I decided to dig out the Compact Presario(SR1920NX) that I gave up on almost 3-1/2 years ago after not getting any sound from the audio beep test. No sound from the motherboard F.Audio header connected to the case output jack, not via a sound card, and not from the little black barrel shaped object that says WT-1205(BUZZ1 in the manual diagram).

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/l...psuddiaen5.jpg
http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/l...psf9qwxsyu.jpg
http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/l...psbamkrbgy.jpg
http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/l...pss1p6mrig.jpg

So, two days ago I hooked this PC back up and turned on the power only to get nothing... Except the green light on the power supply that comes on when you plug in the AC cord. So that was short lived.

Yesterday, before writing the PC off I tried again... And it came on three consecutive times. Both the power supply and the CPU fans spun up with no problem. So I'm thinking that the previous day's failure to power on was due a power supply issue. Perhaps the connection to the motherboard.

Anyway, I hit another roadblock. I cannot move the drive cage out of the way to get to the main power connector so I can test it with my DMM. The reason is because even though the online instruction manual I found shows three tabs are to be pressed to swing open the front panel, on my PC there is only a single tab at the top.

https://mans.io/files/viewer/500768/6#navigate_bar
http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/l...psjuhpaghq.jpg

So I can loosen the top left corner of the front of the PC, but nothing else.

Today I figured I'd turn on the PC only to find it is back to not working again. :-(

Darren Harris
Staten Island, New York.