Old November 28th 17, 02:30 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Larc[_3_]

Default Moving a pre-installed os?

On Tue, 28 Nov 2017 06:26:50 -0500, Paul wrote:

| Since certain activities receive support from MS,
| if your motherboard breaks and you're worried about
| moving your copy of Windows 10, you can contact MS
| and they can help you. Apparently there is some capability
| to move a digital entitlement. I suppose it would help
| if you collected all your details (winver, slmgr /dlv,
| system control panel) before something like that happens.
| Doing so could save you a few bucks, on a new OS.

You won't always have to contact MS. I changed nearly everything including to a
different brand of motherboard. When Win 10 didn't activate, I opened Activation
Troubleshooter and told it I wanted to switch to the new hardware. It was only a few
seconds before it activated.

Larc