Old November 28th 17, 10:26 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
PeterC

Default Moving a pre-installed os?

On Mon, 27 Nov 2017 12:22:20 -0500, Paul wrote:

Davej wrote:
Just ordered a new pc but now think I might want to change out the SSD that it comes with for a larger SSD. Problem is that win10 will be on the original SSD. Can this be moved? Thanks.

I'm running off a clone right now,
on my other PC. A Win10 clone. No problem.

As long as the clone is booting on the same
PC as the original installation, you won't
have a problem.

Paul

That's what I did - W7 on HDD, clone via Macrium, put in SSD and away it
went. No mutterings from the OS.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away