Old November 6th 07, 04:46 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.printers,alt.comp.periphs.scanner,comp.periphs.printers,comp.periphs.scanners
Arthur Entlich

Default US Adapter for UK printer/scanner

Many of these products are designed today with switching transformers
which automatically alter to accommodate the "standard" voltage being
used. It allows them to be used in many different countries without
making separate builds or redesigning the circuits.

To make sure, contact Epson, but it would not surprise me if they both
worked as long as you had the appropriate cord/plug.

Art

Stuart wrote:
In article ,
Gary Tait wrote:

"Silicon Strawberry" wrote in
:

Hello,

I have a Konica Minolta laser printer and Epson 1260 scanner which
were both purchased in the UK. Does anyone know whether it is possible
to get a power cable/adapter which will enable these appliances to
work in the US?

Thanks,

SS

I don't know about modern lasers, but back in the day the fuser was
direct line powered and the switch mode supply likey optomised for the
market line voltage, or internally rewirable for either voltage.

IMO, unless ther is something special about that printer, I'd liquidate
it in the UK, and buy a new one in the USA.

For scanner, you should likely be able to find a US supply, or at least
use a trasnformer, if the PSU is not universal.

In the UK all industrial and building site portable tools are 110V AC.

Transformers from 240V to 110V are common place so if you can obtain one,
preferably cheap second user, all you have to do is to rewire it the other
way round.