Old July 31st 07, 11:31 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[email protected]

Default UV Fade Resistant Ink for Inkjets (NON-wide format)

Any one know of sources for UV (ultra-violet) fade resistant inks to
use in inkjet printers.

I know many of the wide plotters and printers for signs etc. have UV
ink sources but I am after cartridges that can be used in more
everyday SOHO, office level printers.

Office Depot has some new plastic inkjet cards that can be printed on
everyday inkjet printers versus a dedicated ID card printer. We are
field testing these with some personnel now to see if they are any
more resilient.

What I am after would be to find sources of UV ink cartridges for use
in HP, Lexmark, Cannon or other SOHO, office inkjet printers. They
need not be OEM items, but a quality manufacturer would be desired. We
have no problem purchasing an inkjet to dedicate to this, but a
dedicated ID card printer is not the route we want to go.

I after something similar to the MICR cartridges for check printing,
but with UV fade resistant ink.

Much of the hits from Google etc. is for the wide HP plotter/printers.

I've also seen these continuous ink systems like:

http://www.abcink.com/epson-c88-cont...-plus-ink.html

http://www.abcink.com/refill-kit-uv-...nk-system.html

This is a possible option, but I really after regular cartridges that
have the UV resistant ink filled already.

Any one got sources of UV ink cartridges?

Thanks in advance.