Old February 5th 07, 01:59 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Bennett Price

Default Multiple APC Back-UPS Failures

wrote:
Just the computer is on the UPS (about 600 watts). I use a second UPS
for the monitor and accessories.

Any suggestions regarding a surge suppressor?

Does monitor get turned on simultaneously w. computer?
A surge suppressor between UPS and PC might help.

You want a suppressor that has choke coils; e.g.,
http://www.kalglo.com/s-spiker.htm
since you want to limit current, (not voltage).

As others have suggested, the choke coils could/should be in the PSU
but if the PSU doesn't limit inrush current, an external choke will.

And, like others, I'd suggest asking APC for advice.