Old November 8th 08, 12:14 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Augustus[_3_]

Default Overclocking newb on the block

"Industrial One" wrote in message
Wassou. I've got a dualcore Pentium D 925, an Acer F672CR mobo, a gig
of ram, NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT video card, and an onboard sound card.
Since I bought the new comp, I wanted to take advantage of the 2x
faster speed so I've been doing a lot of video encoding, but since I
was so used to having slowass 5-6 fps on my old comp, I decided to
maximize the quality settings and now I also get about 5-6 fps
encoding on this one. I got the PC relatively cheap and I now regret
for being so jewish and not waiting 'till I accumulated enough cash
for a more modern machine. So since I'm laid off, buying another PC is
not an option, hence I wanna overclock this bitch.

Where do I start? Is my CPU ideal for overclocking? Can I safely alter
3000 MHz to 4000 in my BIOS? How do I know what the right voltage
values are to set? What are the key aspects I should pay attention to?
During video encoding or whatever hogs up the CPU to 100%, my mobo
temp hops to 47 C and my CPU remains at 22. How hot can the mobo get
before it becomes a potential risk? Will a faster CPU affect my GPU
whose heat is already at a hell level (66 C)?

I got about 3 fans, one from the PSU, a small secondary auxillary fan,
and a bigger CPU fan with a large funnel.

Try leaving out the ethnic slurs and fould language if you expect any