Old April 26th 08, 03:08 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Augustus

Default Nvidia 9600GT Font Rendering Looks Terrible

"deimos" deimos@localhost wrote in message
Augustus wrote:
"MickT" wrote in message
I suppose your 23in Viewsonic will look similer to my 24in BenQ,try
Display Property - Setting - Advanced -
General - DPI setting - Custom setting : set it to 150% (144 dpi)

Again, this isn't about the monitor....he had no issues with his older
ATI X1600 card on the same monitor.

It would be nice if one could say post a screenshot so as not to be
talking out our collective asses.

It's not totally out of our asses....

a) fonts were fine before apparently
b) all hardware identical except the videocard
c) went ATI to Nvidia
d) did not use a driver cleaner
e) seems clueless regarding refresh rates and monitor settings

but I agree...his lack of info and response is frustrating.