Old October 6th 16, 09:40 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Lynn McGuire[_3_]

Default "What SMART Stats Tell Us About Hard Drives"

"What SMART Stats Tell Us About Hard Drives"
https://www.backblaze.com/blog/what-...rive-failures/

"What if a hard drive could tell you it was going to fail before it actually did? Is that possible? Each day Backblaze records the
SMART stats that are reported by the 67,814 hard drives we have spinning in our Sacramento data center. SMART stands for
Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology and is a monitoring system included in hard drives that reports on various
attributes of the state of a given drive."

Smart.

Lynn