Old July 16th 08, 10:12 AM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Mike Scott

Default amazon selling email addresses??

I generally use a unique email address for vendor accounts, and amazon
is no exception. I also always mark accounts to the effect of 'no ad
emails, no passing on address' - you know the sort of thing.

I was surprised therefore when I received a spam email from Games Centre
Ltd addressed to the addy I use only for amazon. (I'd never before heard
of them btw). I can only assume the address had been improperly passed
to them; it's not a likely one to guess out of the blue.

I complained to amazon and the company hosting Games Centre. Amazon's
reply was less than helpful - it basically assured me they were
concerned about "the misappropriated use of our name" (what??) and that
their online credit transactions were all secure. I've repeated the
complaint.

Has anyone else had amazon pass on their email addy like this?

(Oh, the hosting company /was/ helpful - apparently clients are supposed
to use only directly signed-up addresses, not "acquired" lists of any
sort, legit or not, and they've knobbled the offender pending
investigation.)