Old April 3rd 06, 01:12 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

Default Angry with DVD drive.

get a new one

"TheFinkel" wrote in message
oups.com...
I know Dell sucks, but bear with me:

I've had my Dell computer for about 2 yrs now, and about 6 months ago,
my DVD drive game me problems. It is still recognised by the computer
and is, according to the computer, in worling condition. Every time I
put a DVD into this drive, it will spin for about 5 seconds, and then
stop. When I click on the drive in My Computer, it says there is no
disk inserted. I have tried cleaning the lens many times, and don't
know what to do. any ideas?

Specs:
the drive is made by hitachi-LG . it is a HL-DT-ST DVD-ROM GDR8163B
it is NOT a DVD writer, only reads them.