Old October 11th 04, 08:34 PM
Rick

"AJ" wrote in message m...
Has anyone gotten multiple PCI video cards (actually, I can't even get one
to work) to work with an Intel Motherboard?

My situation:

Installing a Matrox G450 PCI into a PC with an Intel 865GBF motherboard
makes the processor-to-pci-to-csa bridge inop (exclamation point in WinXP
Pro's device manager). The error given is "This device cannot find enough
resources to use (code 12)". This wipes out my network connectivity.

I've contacted Matrox and they said to try a different PCI slot and upgrade to
the latest Intel BIOS. I tried both but still get the same problem. Matrox pretty
much indicated that it was Intel's problem and not their's. I've also tried
disabling the onboard video via device manager (there is no option in the
BIOS to do anything similar).

Is there a jumper on the motherboard to disable the onboard
graphics controller? I can't believe a system as recent as the
865GBF wouldn't have facility to do this.. Is it supposed to
"autoswitch" when a video card is installed? Check the bios
for an option to choose between AGP & PCI video.

Rick