Old November 5th 04, 10:53 PM
Jonathan Sachs

Well, the duplexer arrived today. It does not appear to be quite as simple
to use as I was assured it would be.

There are "instructions" printed on the bottom plate of the duplexer's paper
tray. Unfortunately they are the type of pictographic instructions that are
comprehensible only to people who can't read.

As far as I can interpret them, here is what I'm supposed to do.

1. Insert the rear and right paper detents in the appropriate positions for
the length and width of the paper being used.

2. Insert paper in the tray. (I thought this tray was a holding tray for
paper that has been printed on one side but has not yet been printed on the
other. The pictograph seems to indicate otherwise, although I'm mystified
about where half-printed paper is in fact held.)

3. Press the paper down to ensure that all of the sheets are underneath the
retaining clip in the left front corner of the tray.

4. Adjust the left-hand knob at the front of the paper tray. (What to adjust
it for is unclear -- it's labeled with a two-headed arrow, but there is no
hint of what it does.)

5. Adjust the right-hand knob at the front of the paper tray. This one is
clear; it's labeled with paper sizes Letter, Legal, Exec, and A4.

Can somebody clarify what I'm supposed to do with this thing, once I install
it?