Old October 28th 04, 01:05 AM
Ralph Wade Phillips

Howdy!

"Bob H" wrote in message

I have now changed it to boot from SCSI. There is nothing in the POST
screen for scsi setup. My SCSI CDRW drive is connected to an Adaptec card.
For clarification, I used to have a SCSI CDRW and an IDE CDROM, and the
SCSI CDRW was the 1st boot device even tho' it was set at CDROM.

If you're not getting the Adaptec BIOS signon, then you won't get a
boot.

You might have turned the BIOS off. There's utilities on the
Adaptec web site to turn it back on. You might want to try that.

BTW - Adaptec is the one that uses "Ctrl-A".

RwP