Old October 26th 04, 10:31 PM
Bob H

I don't know yet; I haven't tried that, but have considered removing the
ide cable from the dvd writer.
System is busy downloading 3 cds at the moment, so will try tomorrow.

Thanks

JAD wrote:
what happens when you remove the other drives, will it then boot from
the SCSI?

"Bob H" wrote in message

Ralph Wade Phillips wrote:

Howdy!

"Bob H" wrote in message

The boot sequence is set at 'CDROM' first boot device.

Well, duh. You've TOLD it to boot off of the DVD.

Tell it SCSI first, and then see what happens.

Errr, where will I find the SCSI setup routine?

When the machine boots, you should see a post about

something like

"Press (Ctrl-A) for SCSI Setup" or somesuch, depending on the host

adapter

you use. Do that.

RwP

I have now changed it to boot from SCSI. There is nothing in the

POST

screen for scsi setup. My SCSI CDRW drive is connected to an Adaptec

card.

For clarification, I used to have a SCSI CDRW and an IDE CDROM, and

the

SCSI CDRW was the 1st boot device even tho' it was set at CDROM.

Now I have a DVD writer and it will only boot my CDs
The SCSI CDRW is drive letter R, and the DVD Writer is drive letter

Thanks

--
Bob H
Leeds UK