Old July 20th 03, 12:20 AM
dbroms

Default a7v333 confused user

thanks for the help

ive looked at the board and its says rev 1.04.

if i get a 333 fsb chip will it work on this board?

many thanks
daz
"Baron Von Black" wrote in message

"dbroms" wrote in message
news
i am confused about what is the best chip and memory for my asus a7v333
board.
do i pay extra and get a 333 fsb chip if the board is only 266fsb?
is it the same with the memory, do i get pc2700? or will pc2100 be

better?

so confused any help much appreciated
Daz

Hi Daz

Regards FSB speeds on A7V333

Cpu on version 1.x boards runs on a 266Mhz (2 x 133) bus officially.

BUT.......

If you have a version 2.x board these are capable of handling 333FSB cpu's
officially.

many people including myself are running 333Mhz bus CPU's on version 1.x
boards.

Memory is independent of CPU FSB so ALL versions are capable of running at
333Mhz (2 x 166) bus, so go for PC2700.

Personally I am running 512MB of Samsung PC2700 DDR.

Which version do you own??????

Number is shown between the PCI slot furthest away from the CPU socket.

Good luck